Program Application Process
Contemplative Musicianship Seminar (RA- CM) — Rolling Admissions Process
- It is assumed that you have read the previous two website pages entitled Educational Programs Offered in 2023 and Contemplative Musicianship, so none of that content will be repeated here. If you skipped past them, or raced through them, please consider backing up and reading that content more attentively.
- If you would like to receive a detailed packet of information, please follow the instructions immediately below.
- We will be happy to send you a packet containing a detailed description of each of the educational programs offered in 2023. The packet includes the different fee schedules for tuition payments with all possible variations, curricula specifics, general enrollment policies and guidelines and an application. There is so much information to convey that we discerned long ago the need to steward our resources in this way, through providing thoughtful detailed written materials, rather than attempting to relay this amount of information on the phone. Written materials ensure complete consistency in accuracy of information conveyed. They also allow the person making inquiry to read and absorb at their own rate.
- We do typically schedule a telephone conference call promptly after we have received an application to a specific program.
- In order to ensure consistency, we follow the same procedure for all inquiries, so please be respectful and resist the temptation to ask for special personal exceptions because you are in a hurry or something similar.
- Do write to the program by postal mail. The mailing address is the Chalice of Repose Project, PO Box 169, Mount Angel, Oregon, 97362, USA.
- Please write a letter of inquiry about your interest in one or both of the major educational offerings and please include the following information.
- Your name.
- Your postal mailing address.
- Your private email address rather than a work email address, and your website address if you have your own website.
- The best telephone number.
- A resume reflecting your musical, educational, and employment backgrounds.
- Indicate a month or time frame in which you might hope to begin matriculation should you be accepted: (Example: March 2023).
- Those living within the continental United States should include a personal check drawn from their own personal bank account in the amount of twenty American dollars, made payable to this organization. Your application name should be the same name as is found on the check.
- The twenty dollar materials fee is a non-refundable fee.
- Before mailing the check with your letter and brief resume, please annotate the left-hand corner of the check memo to say Non-Refundable RA-CM packet.
- We do not accept cash, so please do not send it.
- We recommend that you postal mail your note to the Chalice of Repose Project via priority mail (please note – please do not send your envelope by registered mail or certified mail). Sending your letter via priority mail allows you to track your efforts. You will know the exact date at which your envelope has arrived in Mount Angel.
- Unless the program description is being revised, or unless the tuition fee structure is undergoing a Board approved revision, you will usually receive a detailed RA-CM course description and the full application packet by return post very quickly after your inquiry is received.
- We do not deposit any of the twenty dollar checks in the bank until after a packet is sent out to you by postal mail.
- If you live outside the continental United States, separate arrangements shall be made for you to wire transfer your application packet fee, but the amount will be slightly higher, to cover the banking fees and the cost of sending your packet first class to you via international mail. The wire transfer fee is variable depending upon your location and banking institution and the exchange rate on any given day. That is why we do not cite a specific amount here.
- Although you may not necessarily ask for it, this application packet includes information on the other seminars being offered as well as RA-CM and RA-M-Than, so you will have a broad overview.
- If you decide to write a letter of request for the educational packet, please also remember to enter our email address (see below) in your computer email program’s “safe” list. Do anticipate that you will receive a brief email note from “info” or registrar or a staff person at Chalice saying that your letter has been received and that your packet has just gone out on such-and-such-a date.
- Last but not least, there is no application fee. There is only the twenty dollar fee to help defray the costs of producing and mailing the application.
We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!
Last updated January, 2022
Copyright © 2003-2023 Chalice of Repose Project, Inc.®